Last updated date: 31/08/2022
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small files that are installed on the hard disk or the browser of a computer, tablet, smartphone, or equivalent Internet-enabled device. They help customize the services of the website, make browsing easier, enhance usability, obtain aggregate information from website visitors, enable the reproduction and display of multimedia content on the website, allow for interaction between the user and the website, enable security tools, etc.
- Data: The information that is obtained from the user’s terminal equipment through the data storage and recovery device (cookies or other). This data shall be personal when it is information about identified or identifiable natural persons, in the terms established in Article 4 of the GDPR
- Aggregate information: Non-nominal, typically numerical information for the purpose of providing statistical data
- Terminal equipment: The device from which the user accesses the service, such as a personal computer, a mobile phone, a tablet, etc., and from which the information is obtained
- Webmaster: Website manager or owner
- Third party: External company, collaborator, service provider, or company related to the webmaster involved in the management of certain cookies
- Cookie manager: The webmaster, website manager, or owner, or even the third party in some cases
- Browsing habits: Trends that the user displays when browsing a website, such as the time visiting the site, the parts visited, the most frequently checked sections, origin of the visit, and destination of the visit, among others
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES?
Depending on the company that manages them:
- Our own cookies: These are sent to the user’s device from a system or domain managed by the webmaster of the same by whom the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are sent to the user’s computer terminal from a system or domain that is not managed by the webmaster, but rather by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
Depending on the length of time they remain enabled in the terminal equipment:
- Session cookies: These are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only relevant for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased) and disappear after the end of the session.
- Persistent cookies: A type of cookie in which the data is still stored in the terminal equipment and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the cookie manager, and which may range from a few minutes to several years.
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies is processed:
- Technical cookies: These allow the user to browse a website, platform, or application and to use the different options or services that exist therein, including those that the webmaster uses to manage and run the web page and to enable its functions and services, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted areas, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, managing the payment, controlling fraud linked to the security of the service, carrying out requests to register or participate in an event, counting visits for the purpose of billing licenses of the software with which the service operates (website, platform, or application), using security elements during browsing, storing content for the broadcasting of videos or sound, enabling dynamic content (for example, text or image loading animation), or sharing content via social media. Due to their technical nature, cookies that allow for more efficient management of any advertising spaces the webmaster has included on the website, app, or platform as one more design or “layout” element of the service offered to the user, based on criteria such as edited content, without information being collected from users for different purposes, such as personalizing said advertising content or other content, also belong to this category.
- Preference or personalization cookies: These cookies remember information so that users can access the service with certain features that differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as, for example, the language, the number of results shown when users perform a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser through which users access the service, or the region from which they access the service, etc.
- Analysis or measurement cookies: These allow cookie managers to monitor and analyze the behavior of website users to which they are linked, including quantifying the impact of ads. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure activity on the website, application, or platform with a view to making improvements based on an analysis of usage data.
- Advertising cookies: These enable more efficient management of the advertising spaces the webmaster may have included on the web page, application, or platform where the requested service is provided, based on criteria such as the published content or the frequency with which adverts are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These enable the most efficient management possible of advertising spaces which, if applicable, the webmaster has included in a web page, app, or platform from which the requested service is rendered. These cookies store information regarding user behavior obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, allowing a specific profile to be created in order to display advertising based on said behavior.
WHICH SPECIFIC COOKIES DO WE USE?
|Cookie name||Own / third party||Type of cookies||Purpose||Permanence|
|test_cookie||.doubleclick.net||Advertisement||The test_cookie is set by doubleclick.net and is used to determine if the user's browser supports cookies.||15 minutes|
|IDE||.doubleclick.net||Advertisement||Google DoubleClick IDE cookies are used to store information about how the user uses the website to present them with relevant ads and according to the user profile.||1 year 24 days|
|tuuid||.360yield.com||Advertisement||The tuuid cookie, set by BidSwitch, stores an unique ID to determine what adverts the users have seen if they have visited any of the advertiser's websites. The information is used to decide when and how often users will see a certain banner.||3 months|
|tuuid_lu||.360yield.com||Advertisement||This cookie, set by BidSwitch, stores a unique ID to determine what adverts the users have seen while visiting an advertiser's website. This information is then used to understand when and how often users will see a certain banner.||3 months|
|uuid2||.adnxs.com||Advertisement||The uuid2 cookie is set by AppNexus and records information that helps in differentiating between devices and browsers. This information is used to pick out ads delivered by the platform and assess the ad performance and its attribute payment.||3 months|
|um||.360yield.com||Advertisement||Set by AddThis for registering the user's sharing of content through social media.||3 months|
|umeh||.360yield.com||Advertisement||This cookie is set by Improve Digital to track visitors on multiple websites, in order to present relevant advertisements based on the visitor's preferences.||3 months|
|tuuid||.bidswitch.net||Advertisement||The tuuid cookie, set by BidSwitch, stores an unique ID to determine what adverts the users have seen if they have visited any of the advertiser's websites. The information is used to decide when and how often users will see a certain banner.||1 year|
|c||.bidswitch.net||Advertisement||This cookie is set by Rubicon Project to control synchronization of user identification and exchange of user data between various ad services.||1 year|
|tuuid_lu||.bidswitch.net||Advertisement||This cookie, set by BidSwitch, stores a unique ID to determine what adverts the users have seen while visiting an advertiser's website. This information is then used to understand when and how often users will see a certain banner.||1 year|
|CMID||.casalemedia.com||Advertisement||Casale Media sets this cookie to collect information on user behavior, for targeted advertising.||1 year|
|CMPS||.casalemedia.com||Advertisement||CMPS cookie is set by CasaleMedia for anonymous user tracking based on user's website visits, for displaying targeted ads.||3 months|
|CMPRO||.casalemedia.com||Advertisement||CMPRO cookie is set by CasaleMedia for anonymous user tracking, and for targeted advertising.||3 months|
|IDSYNC||.analytics.yahoo.com||Advertisement||This cookie is set by Yahoo to store information on how users behave on multiple websites so that relevant ads can be displayed to them.||1 year|
|dpm||.dpm.demdex.net||Advertisement||The dpm cookie, set under the Demdex domain, assigns a unique ID to each visiting user, hence allowing third-party advertisers to target these users with relevant ads.||5 months 27 days|
|_kuid_||.krxd.net||Advertisement||The cookie, set by Krux Digital, registers a unique ID that identifies a returning user's device. The ID is used for targeted ads.||5 months 27 days|
|_ga_B2YKNQC2KF||.babaria.es||Analytics||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics.||2 years|
|_ga||.babaria.es||Analytics||The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.||2 years|
|_gcl_au||.babaria.es||Analytics||Provided by Google Tag Manager to experiment advertisement efficiency of websites using their services.||3 months|
|uid||.criteo.com||Analytics||This is a Google UserID cookie that tracks users across various website segments.||1 year 24 days|
|_hjFirstSeen||.babaria.es||Analytics||Hotjar sets this cookie to identify a new user’s first session. It stores a true/false value, indicating whether it was the first time Hotjar saw this user.||30 minutes|
|_hjIncludedInSessionSample||babaria.es||Analytics||Hotjar sets this cookie to know whether a user is included in the data sampling defined by the site's daily session limit.||2 minutes|
|_hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress||.babaria.es||Analytics||Hotjar sets this cookie to detect the first pageview session of a user. This is a True/False flag set by the cookie.||30 minutes|
|demdex||.demdex.net||Analytics||The demdex cookie, set under the domain demdex.net, is used by Adobe Audience Manager to help identify a unique visitor across domains.||5 months 27 days|
|pll_language||babaria.es||Functional||The pll _language cookie is used by Polylang to remember the language selected by the user when returning to the website, and also to get the language information when not available in another way.||1 year|
|_ttp||.tiktok.com||Other||No description||1 year 24 days|
|_hjSessionUser_2642054||.babaria.es||Other||No description||1 year|
|_hjSession_2642054||.babaria.es||Other||No description||30 minutes|
|_tt_enable_cookie||.babaria.es||Other||No description||1 year 24 days|
|_ttp||.babaria.es||Other||No description||1 year 24 days|
|cto_bundle||.babaria.es||Other||No description available.||1 year 1 month|
|mv_tokens||exchange.mediavine.com||Other||No description available.||14 days|
|mv_tokens_eu-v1||exchange.mediavine.com||Other||No description||14 days|
|criteo||exchange.mediavine.com||Other||No description available.||14 days|
|visitor-id||.media.net||Other||No description available.||1 year|
|data-c-ts||.media.net||Other||No description||1 month|
|data-c||.media.net||Other||No description available.||1 month|
|CMTS||.casalemedia.com||Other||No description||3 months|
|A3||.yahoo.com||Other||No description||1 year|
These cookies do not create profiles of users who browse the website or, therefore, make automated decisions based on this data.
HOW CAN I DISABLE COOKIES?
Blocking or disabling all cookies helps to protect privacy, but it can also limit the experience on certain websites, restrict features, or even impede the correct browsing or use of certain services.
You can enable or disable the cookies described above (with the exception of technical cookies, which are necessary for the site to work properly) through the settings that appear in the cookies notice when you access our home page. Please note that if you accept third-party cookies, you must delete them from your browser’s options tab or from the system offered by the third party.
Similarly, if you would like to know how to disable cookies on the most popular web browsers, check out the following tutorials: